If you are in business, whether online or offline, you need to be aware of how you can build brand awareness, engage your customers and ultimately drive more sales by marketing your services and products online. For maximum effect, the various facets of your marketing plan should compliment each other and work smoothly together. There are three broad areas to which you should devote your attention: social, advertising and search engine optimization. Here are 10 tips and tools to help promote your business to the millions of international consumers on the internet.
Part of your marketing plan should be devoted to providing a face to your company. Social networking establishes your brand and gives your company a unique flavor, separating it from the pack. There should be at least four things on your social marketing checklist.
- Set up a Facebook page: Your Facebook page provides visibility to your company. After you have fleshed out your profile, ask all of your personal friends and acquaintances to become a fan. This will provide more exposure to your company. Offer your fans information, news, and stories of value to further cement the relationship.
- Join LinkedIn groups: Connect your company to a larger community by joining groups on LinkedIn. Countless groups exist, each of them providing a unique opportunity to market your wares. Talk about events and give useful information about breakthroughs within your field.
- Use Foursquare: Foursquare is location based marketing at its finest. Customers will checkin to your location and spread information about your business to their friends on Twitter, Facebook and Myspace. Foursquare offers a centralized location for people to talk about your business, offer discounts and solicit feedback.
- Get a Twitter profile: Twitter is a social platform where users communicate in snippets of 140 characters or less. Your Twitter account can be used to pass on pertinent information about your business, including discounts, new inventory and breakthroughs. Use Twitter to entice people to your stunning, well-designed site.
The advertising arm of your marketing effort is where you will devote the most cost. Set up a pay-per-click (PPC) campaign to capitalize on traffic from other sites. You pay the advertising network or site owner a designated amount per click for your traffic. In return, you receive visitors who are more likely to purchase your products.
- Facebook advertising: Advertising on Facebook allows you to target specific customers based on their age, location, likes and dislikes. Establish a daily advertising budget with Facebook and alter it as conditions arise. Many individuals will see your business, but you don’t have to pay until they click on one of your advertisements.
- Google AdWords & AdSense: Google AdWords & AdSense is great for the rest of the web. Assign keywords to your advertising and cater to the visitors of relevant sites. You determine the daily budget, so you always have control over your financial commitment.
- Maximize conversion rate: Once you have developed a conversion baseline, you want to change the placement of information on your website, improve graphics, add calls to action, make pages load faster, etc. so that more prospects convert to sales. Altering the wording of your advertisements can also help boost your conversion rate.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is used to increase your search engine rankings and receive organic traffic, for free. When you emphasize the importance of your site by building backlinks, optimizing and creating a blog, you are raising your website’s level of importance and bringing it closer to Google’s front page.
- Build backlinks: Build backlinks by going to the forums and offering important and relevant information. You can also write articles and post them at article directories, guest post on relevant blogs, submit your site to relevant niche web directories, etc.
- Optimize: Optimize the page titles, meta data, headers, copy and structure of your website using the keywords by which you want to be found.
- Create a blog / Post regularly: On your blog, post information that is useful within your niche. Develop content which demonstrates your authority within a field. Post your thoughts consistently.
By taking a multi-pronged approach to online marketing, you can fully maximize the profits of your business. Your social campaign brings awareness to your brand by offering a face to your product. Facebook, AdWords, and other advertising networks are vital for bringing your message to the masses. SEO brings organic traffic to your site. Combined, these facets form a solid foundation to your marketing efforts. Bring in more sales today with online marketing.